pycurl & SSL

From: Michael McFarland <sidlon_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 11:30:54 -0800 (PST)

   I'm also trying to get pycurl 7.10 working w/ https
(on redhat 7.3). After upgrading from 7.9 of each,
https URLs were giving the "certificate verify failed"
error. Now, after reading the SSLCERTS document, I'm
setting 'pycurl.SSL_VERIFYPEER' to 0, accessing
"https://slashdot.org" produces the following erro:

pycurl.error: (51, "SSL: certificate subject name
'*.slashdot.org' does not match target host name
'slashdot.org'")

   It seems like even w/ VERIFYPEER disabled, curl
7.10 places more restrictions on what makes a valid
SSL certificate. Am I right on this? Is there any
way to make curl 7.10 be as forgiving w/ SSL
certificates as 7.9 was?

  - Michael