Re: POST and Expect: header

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 21:28:19 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 22 Jan 2003, Duncan Wilcox wrote:

> I think that the following code starting at lib/transfer.c:1048 might be
> misplaced or incomplete:

It clearly is.

> It's not checking timeout at all, simply reenabling writes immediatly.
> Again, sorry if I don't provide a working patch but I'm not too familiar
> with what's going on there. I moved this block down to the timeout checking
> section below, like this:
>
> if (data->set.timeout &&
> ((Curl_tvdiff(k->now, k->start)/1000) >= data->set.timeout)) {

Just a heads-up here. The 'timeout' here is not the value you want to be
comparing with, as it is either 0 or the timeout set by the app for the
maximum time allowed for this whole operation.

We should use a seperately set (defined) timeout for this particular
condition. The RFC does not mention a specific time...

> Unfortunately it's not fixing my problem with the IIS server I'm dealing
> with, it still complains that I'm not sending multipart/form-data, so maybe
> there's something else that's still broken.

Well, it doesn't necessary mean that curl is wrong... Server-side scripts
have deemed perferctly valid formposts as invalid before.