Re: More socks5

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 13:42:54 +0100 (MET)

On Wed, 15 Jan 2003, Andy Cedilnik wrote:

> I tried using something like http-pu.c and that works through socks5 proxy.
> Could somebody please explain me the difference between http-put and
> http-post?

First, there are two types of POSTs when speaking libcurl. You used the
multipart formpost in your posted source code.

POST is meant to provide data to a given resource/script/program on the
server, while PUT is meant to provide the data as pointed out by the URL.
That's basicly the whole difference. (See RFC2616 for details and more exact
wording.)

(Normal) POST data should be URL encoded, while PUT data is pure binary.
Formpost multipart data is multipart (MIME) encoded.