Re: FTP directory processing

From: <RBramante_at_on.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 12:23:42 -0500

>- Is it possible to receive a somehow canonical or standardised directory
listing?

>- If not, it seems that even ftp daemons on the same platform produce
  different listings!?

This has been a huge burden for ftp client developers worldwide.

See http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ftpext-mlst-16.txt for
extension proposals on how this may be rectified. I think a few servers
may support MLIST already, but for ones that don't you will basically need
to parse returned listings on a server by server basis. Very fun.....