[ curl-Patches-663990 ] bad CGIs have problems with boundary

From: SourceForge.net <noreply_at_sourceforge.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2003 12:53:30 -0800

You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=300976&aid=663990&group_id=976

Category: curl tool
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Using curl 7.10.2
Current tests are on Cygwin but when working will move
to AIX.
Note: Not a curl problem but curl could "resolve" it.

Trying to automate a POST of data to a site that will
examine the file posted and return an analysis of the
contents.

The CGI returns an error as the Boundary being used
doesn't have some of the data it "expects", this is
obviously an error in the CGI as it's not adhering to the
boundary standards. The problem is I have no control
over the code being executed in the CGI.

The data sent using the HTML form has been compared
to the data sent using curl and changing the Boundary
data resolves the problem (in this example we added 8 "-
" characters on the front).

Basically, I'm saying a big YES to feature request
554830 (May 2002 - http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?
func=detail&atid=350976&aid=554830&group_id=976
), if it can be implemented as an option on the curl
command,