Re: libcurl having problem with a proxy

From: Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd_at_debian.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 12:38:21 -0600

On Fri, Dec 27, 2002 at 07:35:08PM +0100, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Dec 2002, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
>
> > > Yes, curl should possibly be adjusted to work with it, particularly when
> > > other open source software manages to work with it, but I still can't see how
> > > this is a bug. I even can't see what we need to adjust to make it work in
> > > such a away.
> >
> > The shop I work for is a Fortune100 with fairly decent equipment. I don't
> > think that this is a fly-by-night proxy. If you can think of a way in which
> > I can help you, let me know.
>
> I would appreciate if you could make a network trace and show us a working
> http request (only the GET and the associated headers) that for example wget
> issues that work with this proxy, and then another request trace for curl in
> the same manner (thus for a non-working case). It would give us a perfect
> comparison.

Will do. I work off Cygwin/NT so wget is easy. I will try to find time to
build curl and construct an example. If you can help with pointers for how
to invoke wget [ i.e. exactly which options ] and curl [ idem ] it would
help.

Dirk

--
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future.
				             -- Niels Bohr