Re: libcurl tests for the test suite

From: Sanjeev <sunaditya1_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 01:58:26 -0800 (PST)

Ok Sir!
I give up!

But i still have a nagging feeling that, if there
is a need for the user, we can provide him with a
struct full of available form fields in the
retrieved page, within which, he can ...

either compare, select, find something he wanted,
do a check for existance of something...etc
automatically (unattended) for use in if/else
conditions.., like just giving a user some extra
bonus!

May be we can also automate to fill the unfilled
ones by user, from that struct to carry some
rubbish so that the submission goes off smoothly
without returning the page back! this includes the
*MUST* fields! even though we cant judge which is
a *MUST* field, we can always fill in all the
fields (which includes MUST fields) with something!

Ofcourse, we cant do anything for if a particular
field only needs particular type of data, like
phone number field only wanted digits.
But for this the developer has to foresee this.

We might not be providing everything for the user
which is not feasible, though, as you say
"cURL is not a magic wand!" But may be we can give
him an extra option.

I give up because, when we provide a feature, it
must be perfect. But i dont think we can provide
a perfect form parser. As there are many evils
like dirty HTML pages.

But still a nagging feelin. ....som .e . ..thi..
ng...i.s....bett..er ....than......... ;-)

check below!
finally After trying trying trying ......
I could once again make up with the
test100 error.
MD: perl -I. ./ftpserver.pl 8921 &
test 100...[FTP dir list PASV]
../src/curl --output log/curl100.out --include -v
ftp://127.0.0.1:8921/ >log/stdout100 2>log/stderr100
curl returned 7, 0 was expected
 error FAILED

  - abort tests
  0 tests out of 1 reported OK: 0%
  These test cases failed: 100
If this is not enough for getting into roots of
this problem, please say me what else
should i do!

Thank you for clearing L'GPL doubt.

I already downloaded your formfind.pl long back,
but since, i struggled in integrating that with
my 'c' project ( i should admit, thats because of
my lacking complete understanding of these
languages), i decided to write one for my self.

( Hoping that this is your last working day of this
year )
Bye
Sanjeev