Re: an idea of a new function

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 16:33:31 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, 19 Dec 2002, Jean-Philippe Barrette-LaPierre wrote:

> > Good: because this is in line with what is already planned for our
> > "sharing" mechanism as mentioned here: http://curl.haxx.se/dev/sharing.txt,
> > in which an application can decide what data different curl handles
> > can/should share between them and how to do the locking.
>
> Do someone have allready started to code this thing?

Sterling Hughes has written some initial code for this, available in the file
lib/share.c in the code tree. It is not actually been used nor is it
thoroughly tested, as I understood it. I don't think anyone is currently
doing any further development of it.

But, it is a start and we should build upon that. Fix the API doc (I'm
assuming it lacks somewhat on the details it was some time I wrote that), add
missing code and then add test cases to verify the code against the doc...