Re: Binary Download

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 11:59:09 +0100 (MET)

On Sat, 7 Dec 2002, Andi Jahja wrote:

> Where am I supposed to go for a pre-compiled libcurl.lib for Win32 ?

Everything that is curl and libcurl related should be found on the curl web
site. If nothing else, there should be pointers to the proper site for more
info.

http://curl.haxx.se/ is the main site, but we have two official mirrors that
might be closer/faster for you:
http://curl.sf.net/ (US) and http://curl.planetmirror.com/ (AU)

Now, I'm not 100% sure of this but I believe that there is a problem with
win32 and DLLs/libs created/used with different compilers so I would
recommend you to build them yourself from source. If I'm wrong, you can get
.lib and .dll files from Jörg's devel package build with mingw32 that you can
get from any curl-file mirror, as seen on this page:

http://curl.haxx.se/latest.cgi?curl=win32-ssl-devel-mingw