AW: AW: C API questions

From: Robert Barsch - x:act Developer Team <robert.barsch_at_x-act.org>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 19:07:33 +0100

> Nope. malloc() can allocate HEAPS of memory. I think you're confusing this
> with how malloc() used to work on some lame old crap OS back in
> the old days
> (I believe DOS and Windows 3 might've had some limits like that). Modern
> operating systems don't have such limits.

yes, me == old lame DOS programmer :)

> You sent the POST using CUSTOMREQUEST? Wow. That's an odd solution I must
> say... :-)

works pretty good - so I didn't have to change the whole sourcecode - only
replaced fsockopen function with a few lines

wanna know more, just take a look at
http://cvs.x-act.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/xact_client_adv_php/Client.php.diff
?r1=1.10&r2=1.11
line 202/205 - $this->msg contains the wohl http request incl. soap and xml
attachment like I posted before

> If you want to upload a file that is larger than your physical and virtual
> memory, you can generate a formpost file on disk (properly formatted) and
> then let your callback read from that file, and thus you can formpost
> any-sized files.
>
> Or fix curl's formpost support so that it can read and send data in a more
> streaming way instead of building it all in memory before posting (which
> really isn't an impossible task, just not done).

ok thx for your answers - found already a good alternative - it uses openssl
directly and can handle sockets - so I don't have to rewrite to much :)

http://www.darkspell.com/gadgets/ssl/

maybe somebody could integrate it to cURL

Regards

Robert