ideas for diagnosing connection problems?

From: Dan Wood <djw_lists_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 12:10:35 -0800

I have a *few* users of my app which I have just updated to use libcurl
7.10.1 and they are consistently getting "* Empty reply from server*"
and "* Couldn't resolve host 'www.tvguide.com'"(several well-known
sites, actually) in my application. And yet, they are able to connect
to the sites from their Web browser, which leads me to believe that
something is wrong with libcurl. Or maybe the problems are just a
coincidence. I have made a little test application for them that
connects to the problematic sites using the "verbose" mode, so I am
getting some information in stdout -- but nothing that really gives me
any indication of why they can't reach these sites.

Any suggestions on what can be done to try on *their* machines that
would help me find out where the problem lies?

--
Dan Wood
Karelia Software, LLC