Re: libcurl memleak

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 22:03:19 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 28 Oct 2002, Avery Fay wrote:

> Recompiled my program using the curl_memdebug call. I found that the
> library installed with make install did not include this call so I linked
> my program against memdebug.o from the curl source tree. Is this correct?

Hm, no, it's not meant to need any extra kludge like that. Personally, I
never actually install the debug library though...

> After running my program, I analyzed the dump and here is the beginning
> (too big to send to list):

[cut out]

> It looks like some of the lines got corrupted. Maybe is writing to this
> file not serialized? My program is multithreaded.

Oh, right! I should add that to the memleak readme. It has no means at all to
deal with that. I'd suggest you either run your app in a single thread or you
patch up memdebug.c to not write to the file from more than one thread at a
time.