Re: Problem with ./ in redirect

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 10:41:09 +0200 (MET DST)

On Mon, 7 Oct 2002, Yet Another Geek wrote:

> > Could you write down a proposal on how the functions would work and how
> > you'd use them?
>
> I think the general idea is built around this document:
> http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2396.txt

Uh, well, RFC2396 defines lots. Programs that really need to understand and
fiddle with all those details won't be happy with one or two extra functions
in libcurl anyway, they'll require heaps of stuff.

> I know you don't like the GPL stuff

I actually like most GPL stuff. I don't believe in GPL as a general fix for
all problems in the world though.

> there is a library available that specializes in this kind of stuff. It
> seems like WAY overkill to me - about 8,000 lines of code! But maybe the
> man page might give somebody an idea of what is involved...
>
> The home page is at:
> http://www.nongnu.org/uri/
> And the online manual:
> http://www.nongnu.org/uri/doc.en.html

(Hey, there's a fellow curl contributor's work!)

Now, this library offers seemingly everything you may want to do with URLs.

Are you suggesting we should offer a subset of these in libcurl? If so,
which? And possibly also, why?

> BTW, congratulations for a *super* job on 7.10 !!!

Thanks! But we wouldn't be even close to what we have today without the huge
amount of friends and contributors.