Re: JavaCurl

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 16:33:53 +0200 (MET DST)

On Mon, 16 Sep 2002, [ISO-8859-2] Łukasz Czekierda wrote:

[CC'ed to the libcurl mailing list, please post follow-ups there]

> I would like to use curl with Java (javacurl). I have a few questions:
> 1. Is it possible to use the release 7.10.pre3 with JavaCurl?

I can't see why not.

> 2. Are there any modifications required?

The javacurl is not widely used and probably need adjustments to be usable,
yes. It isn't really related to which libcurl version you use, but more to
the fact what I wrote that interface a long time ago as a proof of concept
more than a complete interface. It worked and then I stopped developing it.
I'm still waiting for someone to take care of and fix it properly.

> 3. How a new option -k should be used in JavaCurl?

You can check what it does in src/main.c for the curl tool. It disables
CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER and CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST.

> 4. Is it possible to get a server certificate in another way than parsing
> traces (verbose option)?

No, not currently. I've been wanting to add such a possibility for a long
time and I know people have done such implementations before (but no patch
has yet reached me), so this is still a TODO item.

> 5. What to pass as a value for the following options:
> CURLOPT_SSLCERTPASSWD

password string

> CURLOPT_SSLCERT

file name

> CURLOPT_SSLKEY

file name

Have you even tried to read the manual? They're all described in the
curl_easy_setopt() man page.

> 6. What is the semantics of these two options?
> CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER
> CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST

Those too are documented. Why do you want me to look them up in the manual
for you?

Or am I misssing something? What's unclear in the manual on how they
function?