regarding Secure Channels

From: Sanket Gupta <sanket_at_tsucorp.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 11:37:43 +0530

Hi,
One more thing,
i want to connect to a secure site Say https://www.paypal.com
I tried this on my windows machine (IIS server) and it worked perfectly.
I tried it on my linux server and it did not do anything.
I asked my server admin & he told me that curl is installed and also my server has a shared secure certificate.he says this
for your info, there is a shared SSL cert availiable on the server, you can access it with following format :-

https://servername/~username/page_to_secure

so to use curl to access on apache on linux (redhat) do i need to set another option.
I will be very greatful to everybody for an answer.
Thanks/Regards
Sanket Gupta