Re: Problem - Curl 7.9.8 on Sun 2.8 with GCC 3.0.4

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 15:20:06 +0200 (MET DST)

On Fri, 16 Aug 2002 Priya.Ramakrishnan_at_WellsFargo.COM wrote:

(Cc'ing my reply to Kenneth Simpson too, as he reported having this problem
back in April and perhaps he can tell us how he circumvented this or
something! Kenneth, we hope you can help us on this problem that seems to be
the exact same one you had earlier this year!)

> > Daniel,

> > I am using Curl 7.9.8 on Sun 2.8 with GCC 3.0.4 and SunWorkshop 5.0.
> > We are experiencing the same error as the guy below. Have you heard any
> > more on this or know where we can look to solve this problem? We are
> > getting an undefined symbol reference to main from libssl.so

I found the mail you're talking about in the archives
(http://curl.haxx.se/mail/archive-2002-04/0041.html) but I can't remember
ever having received any more details or hints on if this problem was fixed
or worked-around or something.

I still don't understand how main can be refered to from the libssl.so,
sorry.

If you happen to solve this problem, I would of course be happy to get to
know what made it turn out this way!