Re: Posting Data

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 00:57:26 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 14 Aug 2002, preetic wrote:

> My application is basically tryig to add new info into a website.
> I am able to get thru the login page n enter the page where i can add a
> new course.I am able to add the course,

So you POST to login and you POST to submit the new info?

> However once i click on to it to the make any edits to this new course the
> site asks for another login info which i pass thru my application on which
> it should show the edit page but am not able to get it.

You "click on"? What does that mean? Your code performs a third POST there.

I don't think you're doing any programming error here. However, the server
somehow decides to not give you the page back that you want, for a reason
that we cannot possibly know. It might be User-Agent related, it might be
Referer related or it could be that you don't execute embedded javascript
that one of those pages returned to you.

I'd advice you to record a manual session, when you do this manually using a
browser, with a network analyzer tool like ethereal, tcpdump or similar.

Then you carefully work on replaying the same operations using curl.

You need patience, time and lots of testing.

Good luck!