RE: curl with ssl problems on HP-UX

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 15:30:59 +0200 (MET DST)

On Mon, 12 Aug 2002, Shaer, Ofira wrote:

> This is the Makefile I use:

[snip]

> LDFLAGS = -L/users/oshaer/openssl/lib -L/users/oshaer/curlssl/lib
> LIBS = -lssl -lcrypto -lcurl

But what do curl-config --libs and --cflags tell you? Don't you need to let
your linker know where the curl lib is?

> I use the same makefile for non-ssl version, only without the path to the
> ssl library.

Uh, you have both installed using the same name?

> I don't understand how do the curl tests work, I tried to look at the
> Makefile of these tests and I did not find anything that can help.

They do nothing magic, they use the compiled and built curl tool. It gets
built as src/curl, the test suite runs the perl script tests/runtests.pl and
all tests are using almost-XML format in tests/data, one file for each test.

The point being that curl links fine, and when ran configure to get the setup
fine for curl, that used config is stored in the curl-config tool to enable
you to use the exact same compiler and linker switches easily.