Re: Compiled libcurl for Mac OS X?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 00:46:29 +0200 (MET DST)

On Mon, 5 Aug 2002, David Linker wrote:

> Is a compiled version of libcurl available for Mac OS X? After reading the
> difficulties of compiling, I would like to avoid that if possible.

First a disclaimer: I'm not an OS X person really.

I'm not sure how libcurl is compiled and linked in the default Mac OS X
installations, but since curl is bundled with all recent Mac OS X versions
there is a possibility it gets installed by default!

The Fink project maintains an OS X'ified curl installation here:
http://fink.sourceforge.net/pdb/package.php/curl but I don't know how they
build or install the library.

Last but not least: is it really that difficult to compile it on OS X?