asynchronous name resolves

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 10:23:11 +0200 (MET DST)

Hey

Since this has been a subject of discussions since a long time back, I think
it is apropriate for me to announce the recent creation of an open source
project that aims to solve this long-standing problem of ours.

Bjorn Reese, David Arnold, Michael Custer and me have started to write down
requirements, talk about interfaces, think about implementations and so.
Still in the planning and mainly thinking phase.

We invite *you* to take part in the development of this library, to be
developed entirely separately from libcurl, but hopefully to be used by
libcurl when it starts to work.

Some initial thoughts and mailing list subscription info can be found here:
        http://daniel.haxx.se/resolver/

Welcome!