Re: 408 Error

From: Cris Bailiff <c.bailiff+curl_at_awayweb.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 23:32:15 +1000

You probably want a '/' between the port and the URL:

http://www.somename.com:4482/?mobile=9198450XXXXX&message=test+for+me

Curl should probably accept it without, but it's a bit dubious.

Also, if you are doing this in a typical unix shell, like bash, you should
probably quote your URL, to keep the special characters like ? and & safe:

curl -v -G
'http://www.somename.com:4482?mobile=9198450XXXXX&message=test+for+me'

It also helps if you can post to the list in plain text (or at least, not
just in HTML), as your mail just shows up blank in my preferred mailer).

Cris