Re: Re: Improving libcurl performance

From: yarram sunil <yvsunil_at_rediffmail.com>
Date: 14 Jun 2002 15:51:42 -0000

On Fri, 14 Jun 2002 Daniel Stenberg wrote :
>On 14 Jun 2002, yarram sunil wrote:
>
> > I am using curl-7.9.7 on windows. I was testing the
>throughput of curl
> > by repeatedly fetching a particular page from local LAN. I
>have used
> > Rational Quantify tool and found out that significant part of
>time is spent
> > in "SocketIsDead" function defined in file "url.c". In this
>function
> > "select" is used with a timeout value of 1 micro second.
>
>I find it mildly amusing that waiting 1 *microsecond* turns out
>to be a
>"significant part"... Can't but to smile at that! ;-)

   In my opinion it might be that kernel was unable to schedule
back the thread that went to wait state for 1 microsecond. I
couldn't see any good reason other than this.

Cheers,
Sunil.
Click below to visit monsterindia.com and there is always a
better job for you at http://monsterindia.rediff.com/jobs

August 25-28 in Las Vegas - http://devcon.sprintpcs.com/adp/index.cfm?source=osdntextlink