Longer FTP Uploads with Curl 7.9.8

From: Tom Mattison <tom.mattison_at_econtechnologies.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 16:12:30 -0400

I'm experiencing some new behaviour with using curl-lib 7.9.8 in my OS X
cocoa app. I just made the big move from 7.9.6 and am wondering about the
differences I'm seeing.

My app does alot of FTP transfers. I noticed that 7.9.8 was taking longer
to upload files than 7.9.6. After turning on verbose logging, I see why.
The connection is getting explicitly closed except for file uploads. If I
to some commands (CURL_POSTQUOTE, renaming a file), I see "* Closing
Connection #0". I see the same thing if I connect using 'NOBODY'. Only
when I upload (data actually gets transferred) do I see "*Connection #0 left
intact" posted. Then, of course, on the next activity I see "*Re-using
existing connection!".

I tried explicity setting FRESH_CONNECT and FORBID_REUSE to 0, wondering if
the default behaviour had changed, but that doesn't seem to affect the
output.

Any thoughts as to what is going on?

regards
tom.