Re: Small footprint libcurl

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 12:01:56 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 6 Jun 2002, Miklos Nemeth wrote:

> I need only the non-multithreaded HTTP/SSL functionality of libcurl.

Multithreaded or not won't make any difference.

> How can I get rid of the other huge sets of features when building my
> statically linked executable?

There's no provided or convenient way to do this. As can be read in the TODO,
I've been wanting to add configure options for a long time that would let a
user disable protocols and features in order to decrease footprint for custom
builds.

To make it smaller, add #infdef DISABLE_[PROTOCOL] lines at the appropriate
places and then add #define DISABLE_[PROTOCOL] lines in lib/setup.h or
something.

Then mail me the patch and I'll make sure it'll get into the main sources to
make this easier in the future.

> I also want a minimum subset of SSL (secure communications, without
> peer-authentication, and without client-certificates) from OpenSSL.

Disabling specific SSL-related features will be extremely little gained, as
those are mostly just a matter of one or two extra function calls to the
OpenSSL library.