Re: multi interface with win32

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 08:30:34 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 6 Jun 2002, Bob Firth wrote:

> I want to use the multi interface to implement a pull transfer in a C
> program under win32. I don't want to hog the cpu by spinning on
> curl_multi_perform, so I want to be able to block until data is available.
> The mechanism for doing this is curl_multi_fdset, but I think I'm right in
> saying that fd_set and select() is a unix thing. So is there a way of
> doing this under win32, or am I wrong in this?

They (fd_set and select()) work under Windows too. The easy interface code
use this approach "under the hood".

There have been one or two bugs in this department discovered in 7.9.7
though, so the upcoming 7.9.8 (perhaps using a pre-release) should be better
off doing these things...

PS. I'm happy to see that people are slowly finding out about the multi
interface. Keep in mind that it is not very old nor very much used interface
to libcurl. Post suggestions of improvements, bugs or whatever you think we
should know about or do!