Re: Values of CURLOPT_NETRC - patch

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 23:54:11 +0200 (MET DST)

On Mon, 20 May 2002, J. Cone wrote:

> Please find enclosed the next version of the patch.

Got it. Working on it as we speak.

> I started having ideas about checking the range of the port number. If you
> think I'm gold-plating, then feel free to remove or simplify the inner
> test.

Nah, I think it is fair to test for that. We could add a test cases that
excersizes it.

> It passes the automated tests, and seems to do the right thing in informal
> use.

Goodie.

> You probably don't want to check in the "use warnings" in runtests.pl,
> because I haven't fixed all the warnings.

Ah. You're right though that working off the warnings is a Good Thing.

> You probably don't want to check in the "/opt/perl5/bin/perl" in
> memanalyze.pl. I don't understand what /usr/bin/env does, but
> "#!/usr/bin/env perl" also seems to work in memanalyze.pl. Should it be
> the standard way curl invokes interpreters?

It seems that 'env' is more often on that path, as otherwise we have to make
a check for perl in the configure script. env invokes perl from the path when
used like that.

I did fall over a problem right now though:

test 125...OK
test 126...OK
test 127...OK
test 128...OK
Can't use string ("netrc_debug") as a SCALAR ref while "strict refs" in use
at ./runtests.pl line 452.
make[1]: *** [quiet-test] Error 29

This is the line that looks like:

            my $value=${$requires};