Re: an exploitable buffer overflow in cURL?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 20:13:19 +0200 (MET DST)

On Mon, 6 May 2002, Jean-Philippe Barrette-LaPierre wrote:

> on bugtrack an exploit for cURL (a buffer overflow) as been "discovered",
> anyone know something about that? Is it fixed in the current version?

I only know about one curl buffer overflow ever mentioned on bugtraq, and
that was published on October 13, 2000:

        http://online.securityfocus.com/bid/1804

That particular problem was fixed in curl 7.4.1. (My comments on the
"exploit" is found here: http://online.securityfocus.com/archive/1/140883)

Are you referring to this or to another problem?

the hardware. You get the recognition. Email Us: bandwidth_at_sourceforge.net