Re: SSL cipher error when reusing a curl handle

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 00:37:29 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 2 May 2002, Gandt, Eric wrote:

> The problem is that when I make more than 1 call to a https site using a
> curl handle the second https call fails with the error:
> SSL: error:140920C5:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_HELLO:old session cipher
> not returned
> If I close and reconnect the handle, then I can make the second SSL
> connection. I'm thinking that much like cookies I need to allocate space
> though a setopt command in order to allow curl to save the session cipher
> correctly, but am unsure what options I need to set.

I think it smells like a bug somewhere. Possibly a session id is re-used by
libcurl when not supposed to... This is not a known nor expected behaviour
during any circumstances I can think of.

Can you give us loads of more details? Like version numbers of softwares
involved, possibly a small snippet of code that can repeat this etc.

the hardware. You get the recognition. Email Us: bandwidth_at_sourceforge.net