RE: curl .. strange checksums

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 13:16:15 +0200 (MET DST)

On Mon, 29 Apr 2002, Cath :) wrote:

> I have installed Curl version 7.9.6 from scratch on an i586 suse linux
> platform. I'm transferring files to a simple perl upload script on an
> apache 1.3.26 server using curls file upload, curl_easy_setopt(curl,
> CURLOPT_URL, "http://...../cgi-bin/upload.pl");
>
> The file transfers fine with the exception that at the end of the text
> something similar to
>
> -curlnKe7bXTbVMHv6iOPhvhxdJrYqc-
>
> is appended. Would apache be adding this in?

Aha!

You're doing multipart formpost uploads, right? The above string is the
boundary string that terminates such an upload and that is part of the
multipart formpost protocol (RFC1867).

The receiver of this upload obviously needs to "decode" a multipart post, and
thus it should receive that last line too and not include that in the final
target file.

I can't see how curl does anything wrong here. But please prove me wrong if
you're able to!