Re: NTLM Authorization

From: Cris Bailiff <c.bailiff_at_awayweb.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 16:34:07 +1000

Dobromir,
        I'm interested in your NTLM efforts - if you have something going, I'm
happy to test it (we have a few different NTLM-able servers we can try)
and provide feedback/debugging.

I'm sure many curl users would love to have NTLM support in the proxy
authentication funtion of curl, as well as for actual server authentication.

I've been meaning to look at NTLM, but haven't previously had enough
'tuits' to progress very far. I found this great resource during my
research (quite a while ago), which I'm sure you've seen already, as its
now top of the google search list for 'NTLM':

        http://www.innovation.ch/java/ntlm.html

When creating actual libcurl code for NTLM, I'd suggest being very aware
of the licencing of libcurl (MIT-X/MPL style) and the GPL (specifically,
Samba) which is the probable root of almost all sample source code you
might find.

Cris