Re: safe DNS cache pruning

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 13:12:50 +0200 (MET DST)

On Sat, 27 Apr 2002, Jacky Lam wrote:

> I tried to grep the CVS source and run. But got crash after severl web
> sites. Here is the stack trace.

Goodie (not that there's a bug but that there's a nice stack trace from it).
This is clearly related to the DNS cache pruning. I wrote up a test that did
lots of HTTP requests from various sites, but I got no problems until I made
them slow and shortened the DNS cache timeout.

The attached source file seems to be repeatedly crash after the second URL
has been "checked". Just in case someone else feels like joining in and
correct our mistakes...