Resin self-restarts when invoking libcurl.dll from Java servlet

From: Serge Kruppa <serge_at_portaldevoz.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 23:30:45 -0500

Hello,

I would like to know if anyone has had any experience of Resin (2.0.3)
restarting spontaneously when using a Java servlet making JNI calls to
libcurl.dll? This is happening to us under Windows 2000 running Resin under
the Sun 1.3 JVM. We have some reasons to believe that the most likely cause
of Resin restarts is the curl_easy_cleanup() function since the problem
occurs always at the end of our CURL session. Debugging this is very arduous
and we have decided to remove curl_easy_cleanup () from our Java application
even though this will likely cause a memory leak. Without the function call
we have not observed any restarts of Resin. Strangely enough, the restarts
become very frequent when pairing Resin with Apache (using mod_caucho). But
the weirdest is that the problem occurs roughly once every five times CURL
is invoked. We have lost hope to resolve the problem and would welcome any
tips.

Best Regards,

Serge