Re: Libcurl Help required!

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 11:49:02 +0200 (MET DST)

On Tue, 16 Apr 2002, Puneet Garg wrote:

[please post follow-ups to the libcurl mailing list]

> I'm trying to build libcurl latest release (15th apr) on Sun Solaris (5.8)
> using native compiler.

Have you ever been able to build any previous versions?

> got following problems in make command:

> ucbcc: Warning: Option
> -YP,:/usr/ucblib:/opt/SUNWspro/WS6U2/bin/../lib:/opt/SUNWspro/WS6U
> 2/bin:/usr/ccs/lib:/usr/lib passed to ld, if ld is invoked, ignored
> otherwise

> "../../lib/formdata.c", line 181: major: argument mismatch

Wow. That is so weird. Did you check what that line looks like?

  char major[128];

Now how can this be wrong? Can you process-only this file and see what on
earth it tries to do?

> "../../lib/formdata.c", line 931: va_start: argument mismatch

Hm, does this compiler require "old style" va_arg usage?

> Is it possible to build libcurl on solaris native compiler (cc)?????

I used to think it was, but with this output I guess we can say that it
doesn't. These problems should be possible to correct though, as I would
really like curl to build properly just like that...