Re: Javalib on solaris

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 00:14:05 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 3 Apr 2002, shoaib shaikh wrote:

> I have been trying to implement javalib on solaris. I got hold of
> javalib-0.1 which has makefile for solaris.

The java-0.2.tar.gz package is newer and better and should only need a minor
tweak or two in the makefile or so.

We get questions every now and then on the java interface. I usually keep
repeating that the interface is very basic still and is not complete. I once
created the interface as a minor experiment on doing some JNI stuff to see
how hard it is to write a libcurl binding (that is the only binding I've
written).

I keep hoping that someone one day will adopt it, patch it, fix it and
improve it to make it work the way every java user would want. I know many
people would like that. Most people however, just waits for someone else to
fix it...

> Then I tried "make test", but it reports "undefined library javalib
> error."
> The complete error message is:
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no javacurl in
> java.library.path

Hm, that sounds as if the javacurl.so file wasn't in your java.library.path!

Did you try "java -Djava.library.path=./" or however that is made?

Disclaimer: I am not a Java hacker.

Good luck!