Re: installing and using libcurl on windows

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 11:45:36 +0200 (MET DST)

On Fri, 29 Mar 2002, Nick C. wrote:

[I have no idea about the perl stuff so I've skipped it here.]

> What about the C interface for windows ? Where do I download it and how do
> I install it ?

The C interface comes with the libcurl DLL. Get a pre-compiled devel archive
or build it yourself. Read docs/INSTALL for some basic building help, for
windows too.

> I tried to just download the C source file and put them into the Visual
> Studio "include" directory, but it seems I also need a DLL file.

No, you don't. It should build a DLL or a static lib.

> How do I build it ?

Did you read docs/INSTALL?

> I think I have found curl version for windows (and older one) with a DLL
> available, but I didn't know where to put it so that i can start using
> libcurl from Visual C.

Yes, that's the precompiled devel-versions. They come with a DLL file. That's
what libcurl is when compiled.