Re: curl version

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 11:41:55 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 25 Mar 2002, Girish Dharmapurikar wrote:

> Can anyone tell me how to select the correct/best release of CURL lib. Im
> using the Solaris version 5.7, which is not mentioned in the "Full Source
> Archive (all platforms ?? )" or in the "packages"

"Full Source Archive" means that the archive contains the full source and it
is the full source for all platforms. If you get that, and build the sources,
you get curl and libcurl for your platform.

There are soooo many platforms and we can't offer binaries to all of them.
And even for the platforms we do offer binaries for, we are dependent on
contributors to submit new packages. I understand completely that all
packages don't keep up with the pace of new releases.

If you want to build and make packages available for your platform, I
appreciate submissions!

Solaris 5.7 is the same as Solaris 2.7 and the same as Solaris 7. They're all
different names for the same thing.

I hope this clarified it somewhat.