Re: Cookie fix

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 09:48:08 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 25 Mar 2002, Jacky Lam wrote:

> Up to libcurl 7.9.5, I cannot login mail.lycos.com successfully.
> This is because the server will send two cookies with the same name, but
> the domains are lycos.com and .lycos.com. According to RFC2965 (and my
> guess...:), I add the following lines to make it work. Maybe you guys have
> a better handling method, just attach the patch here for reference.

I think your patch is good. It makes domains get treated identically, no
matter if it starts with a dot or not. It seems to be what RFC2965 tells us
to do.

The problem is of course that RFC2965 is quite new and there's hardly a
single site that follows it...

Anyway, I've applied your patch. Please make your patch a context (-c) or
unified (-u) one next time!

Thanks!