Re: library path or makefile issue?

From: <theexperts_at_allprodirect.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 19:52:12 -0500

Daniel-

Thanks for the help. I deleted the old folder and started over with your
commands:

$ ./configure --prefix=$HOME
$ make
$ make install

It seemed to go well as far as I can tell.

inserted $HOME/bin at front of path in .cshrc file. now curl-config works
without specifying path!

$ curl-config --version
libcurl 7.9.5

$ curl-config --cflags
-I/home/myfolder/include

$ curl-config --libs
-L/home/myfolder/lib -lcurl -ldl -lsocket -lnsl

changed the lines in curl.h to read:
#include </home/myfolder/include/curl/types.h>
#include </home/myfolder/include/curl/easy.h>

changed my c program to read:
#include </home/myfolder/include/curl/curl.h>

compiled with:
gcc -otest.cgi
test.c -I/home/myfolder/include -L/home/myfolder/lib -lcurl -ldl -lsocket -l
nsl

- or -

gcc -otest.cgi test.c -I$HOME/include -L$HOME/lib -lcurl -ldl -lsocket -lnsl

compiles with no errors. program still produces no output.

can't seem to use ldd...
$ ldd test.cgi
ldd: Command not found.
If ldd comes with the c compiler, then the reason it won't work is my host
does not have all of the components installed.

using Solaris 2.7

-J.