Re: Problem with PROGRESSFUNCTION

From: <kapheine_at_hypa.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 09:06:36 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 11 Mar 2002, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> On Sat, 9 Mar 2002 kapheine_at_hypa.net wrote:
>
> > > It would help a lot if you set a break-point in progress.c:300 and check
> > > what happens when that source line is reached. Or why it isn't reached.
> >
> > I've only used the very basic functions of gdb so if you could tell me how
> > to set a breakpoint for a library that is linked to, that'd be helpful. I
> > tried just putting an fprintf(stderr, ...) inside of the function at line
> > 300, and nothing was printed, but I'd be happy to do better tests and try
> > to trace where the problem is if you could help me with how to do the
> > breakpoints. Thanks for your help.
>
> Did you set CURLOPT_NOPROGRESS to FALSE?
>
> You should, as otherwise it won't call your progress function... we should
> probably make that option get set like that automaticly when PROGRESSFUNCTION
> is set...
>
> (Yes, the option CURLOPT_NOPROGRESS is weirdly negated.)

Wow, thanks a lot, that seemed to work. I didn't think to try it because
for some reason I assumed it automatically went over the default progress
function. I guess the only problem is that in docs/examples/curlgtk.c it
doesnt' call CURLOPT_NOPROGRESS, FALSE. Someone should probalby update the
example program :P Thanks a lot for your help, I was feeling really stuck.

--
kapheine <kapheine_at_hypa.net>
GPG: gpg --recv-key 0x24E5AD99 | http://kapheine.hypa.net/kapheine.asc