Re: C++ curl library

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 16:23:59 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, 28 Feb 2002, Jean-Philippe Barrette-LaPierre wrote:

> I was working on a C++ wrapper for curl, but then I discovered the curlcpp.
> I have some questions about it:
>
> Does Eric Lavigne is still working on it?

I CC this reply to Eric for him to reply.

> Is it an official part of libcurl?

No. libcurl is a C library. I'll gladly help, support and encourage whatever
binding you can invent and make, but they won't be part of libcurl.

> (is I have further questions, do I need to post them here
> (curl-library_at_lists.sourceforge.net)?)

This is a good forum for asking questions about libcurl, how to use it, how
to develop it, how to debug it and how to not use it.

> I need to know reasons for some decision made for the design ( like
> building a curlString instead of using STL's string). In fact my question
> is: Is anybody can put me in contact with Eric?

You can probably just go with what you consider is good. I get the feeling
that Eric won't mind and that he would be happy if someone would volounteer
to become maintainer of a semi-official libcurl C++ binding.

But I'll leave that for Eric to tell!