Re: PASV Problem

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 11:10:45 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 26 Feb 2002, raoul cridlig wrote:

> > > 500 Illegal PORT range rejected.
> > > curl: (30) Server does not grok PORT, try without
> > it!
> >
> > What port/address were sent to the server? It sounds as if you haven't
> > told libcurl to use the proper IP address by using CURLOPT_FTPPORT.
>
> I wrote this: curl_easy_setopt(curl,CURLOPT_FTPPORT, "-"); and localhost
> for the URL.

And what did the FTP protocol dump look like? What exactly did curl send in
the PORT command?

Using "-" makes libcurl use the "default" address that it finds, it may not
be good enough in all cases. If you know which address to use or which
network interface to get it from, it is generally much better to specify
that.