why don't YOU use the multi interface?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 11:45:21 +0100 (MET)

Once in a while people ask for a non-blocking interface to libcurl. We made
one.

The multi interface is implemented and ready to start getting used. It is
included in all recent libcurl releases, only not very documented nor
announced. (Reading the header file is the way to go for now.)

We have a classic chicken and egg problem here. I don't want to announce the
interface until we know it works at least rather good, while no one seems to
want to use it until then.

Thus, those who want this kind of interface need to start writing programs
that use it, that find bugs, that attempt new things, that try all quirks. We
can't even know if we need to adjust function arguments or if we need to add
functions etc to make the interface be really comfortable in production use.

Until this happens, we can't announce the interface.

In my end, I'll try to start writing docs for the multi functions as soon as
7.9.5 gets out of my face.