timeouts

From: Giaslas Georgios <giaslas_at_ceid.upatras.gr>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 13:05:25 +0200 (EET)

hi,
i'm using libcurl on a linux pc box with a multithreaded application,
where every thread makes http requests.
I use both the options
CURLOPT_TIMEOUT and CURLOPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT, although the
man page says that they doesn't work on unix multithreaded
systems. In linux, (i think) when a connection or a transfer times out the
signal
is delivered only to the thread that caused the timeout.
Indeed, my application works alright with a small number of threads (below
100). However, i experience a problem with a large number of threads
(above 100). Some threads don't timeout, so the application never ends
because the master thread waits for all of them to join.

How do you handle the transfer and connection timeouts? Can you help me
with this?

Thanks in advance
George Giaslas