Re: 7.9.4 count-down

From: Miklos Nemeth <mnemeth_at_kfkisystems.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 10:09:44 -0800

Sorry for the delayed reply.

I compiled 7.9.4-pre2 and it does not work correctly
with a popular payment gateway HTTP/SSL site
(https://ipgtst.paymentech.net:3443).
The header is returned but then curl hangs:
[curl-7.9.4-pre2]
$./curl https://ipgtst.paymentech.net:3443
Document-type: Response

On the other hand when I use a previous version
it works:
[curl-7.9.3]
$./curl https://ipgtst.paymentech.net:3443
Document-type: Response

curl: (52) Empty reply from server
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><!DOCTYPE Response SYSTEM
"Response_PTIx.dtd"><Response><QuickResponse HcsTcsInd="T"
MessageType="U" Version="2"><ProcStatus>05</ProcStatus><StatusMsg
StatusMsgLth="24">Mime header data
invalid</StatusMsg></QuickResponse></Response>

However, it is strange that curl reports "Empty reply from server",
then dumps a normal response data block.
Both versions worked OK with another of my SSL test site:
https://demo.trcinc.com, though.

Can you find the reason of this behaviour?
Nonetheless, I cannot upgrade to 7.9.4 until it is not solved :(
BTW, curl and Daniel rock.

Thanks,

Miklos

--