problem with persistent server side connections

From: Pete Su <psu_13_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 08:58:20 -0800 (PST)

I'm using libcurl to talk to a webdav server and I have the following vexing
problem:

If the webdav server is configured to not use persistent connections,
everything works fine. The server sends

Connection: close

with each response and curl and everyone is happy.

But, if persistent connections are enabled,and I send certain Webdav requests
that result in a body-less response (like PUT, DELETE, etc), the server will
send back something like

204 No Content
<headers>

and at this point libcurl just hangs waiting for more data.

I'm using libcurl 7.8, but I tried my code against 7.9.2 and got the same
behavior. I'll try again to be sure.

Thanks
Pete