Re: Problems with building a static libcurl on Win

From: Pratibha Gupta <pratibhag_at_netscape.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 10:25:04 -0800

I got those warnings when I build openssl dlls. When I make static
libraries for OpenSSL and link against them when building a static
library for Curl, I get hundreds and hundreds of warnings. The last few
are

RSAglue.lib(ADVAPI32.dll) : warning LNK4006:
__imp__UnlockServiceDatabase_at_4 already defined in
libeay32.lib(ADVAPI32.dll); second definition ignored
RSAglue.lib(ADVAPI32.dll) : warning LNK4006:
_UnregisterDomainNameChangeNotification_at_4 already defined in
libeay32.lib(ADVAPI32.dll); second definition ignored
RSAglue.lib(ADVAPI32.dll) : warning LNK4006:
__imp__UnregisterDomainNameChangeNotification_at_4 already defined in
libeay32.lib(ADVAPI32.dll); second definition ignored
RSAglue.lib(ADVAPI32.dll) : warning LNK4006: _WriteRaw_at_12 already
defined in libeay32.lib(ADVAPI32.dll); second definition ignored
RSAglue.lib(ADVAPI32.dll) : warning LNK4006: __imp__WriteRaw_at_12 already
defined in libeay32.lib(ADVAPI32.dll); second definition ignored

My client program linking with this static libcurl library works fine.
But I'd still like to know why I get these warning msgs.