Re: problem with curl and websphere(apache with mod-ibm-ssl)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 15:59:54 +0100 (MET)

On Wed, 19 Dec 2001 cissp_at_sach.mailshell.com wrote:

> I have a standalone executable which calls a servlet on a websphere
> application server using https. The executable works fine.

"standalone executable" as in 'curl' the command line tool?

> But I want to use this code in a shared library on sun solaris 2.8, g++
> 3.0.2, openssl 9.6b, curl 7.9.2.

"this code" ? You mean the code you have in the "standalone executable" ?

> This shared library is able to call a servlet using http. When i try to use
> the https protocol and call the same servlet on ibm websphere app server
> which runs apache(1.3.12) and mod_ibm_ssl, i run into ssl handshake
> problems.

So, what's the difference between the "standalone executable" and the "shared
library" ?

> the exact error that i get in the web server logs is as follows: -
>
> [Wed Dec 19 14:37:20 2001] [error] mod_ibm_ssl: SSL Handshake Failed,
> Socket has been closed.

Does it work when you use curl the tool to do this?

If so, do you curl_global_init() properly?

If so, did you need -3 or -2 to the command line tool for this to work?

If not, we might need to see some actual code on how you do this to perhaps
spot why this doesn't work...