RE: v8 --enable-dream-mode

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 17:23:36 +0100 (MET)

On Wed, 12 Dec 2001, Marcus Webster wrote:

(I moved this thread over to the libcurl list since it discusses library
issues.)

> I have been using libCurl as a means to send/receive SOAP requests over the
> Internet. I have hacked in an option to add headers to multi-part POSTs.
> Basically I want to be able to send a file up to the SOAP server, which
> requires that I specify headers for each of the attachments that are in the
> POST (i.e. One for the SOAP envelope and one for the file ).
>
> For now I have added a CURLFORM_CONTENTHEADER argument to the curl_formadd
> function, which allows me to specify a curl_slist of additional headers.

Wow. I like that! It sounds more like a candidate for immediate inclusion
rather than something for v8. I'm sure others will enjoy that one too.

Can you send me a unified diff of this against a recent libcurl version?

<the not-so-serious section>
> Exciting Suggestion:
>
> Could the use of libCurl be made to enhance the users' appeal to the
> opposite sex. I realize that such a feature would require Daniel to carry a
> big stick with him at all times (to fight them off) but I'm sure that such
> a feature would propel the userbase upto the size of Internet Explorer's.

Well, I must agree this feature sounds tempting, but as that would ruin our
hard-earned geekish apperence I don't think we'll implement that until
version 9, the "people's edition". :-)
</the not-so-serious section>