Re: FTP, EPSV and SIZE

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 08:22:09 +0100 (MET)

On Wed, 28 Nov 2001, Heikki Korpela wrote:

> > Can anyone see any major drawback in making curl attempt to use EPSV before
> > PASV when doing passive retrieves?

[snip]

> I just heard a week or two ago from someone whose firewall setup is for
> whatever reason managing to block EPSV, though. Don't ask me why. Having
> a command line option to force PASV would be nice.

This is exactly the kind of insights I was looking for. Many thanks. Now, why
am I not surprised that this occurs at times? :-)

I've added an option to libcurl now that enables an application to switch off
the use of EPSV. All there's left is to come up with a name for the command
line option...!