Re: Compiling curl on HPUX 11

From: Bjorn Reese <breese_at_mail1.stofanet.dk>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 22:33:26 +0000

Cadime wrote:

> Running CC=aCC ./configure returns the following output:
[...]
> configure: error: Can't work without an existing select() function
>
> Since my select function is defined on <sys/time.h>, seems something should
> be done...

aCC is a C++ compiler and thus more strict about missing or inaccurate
prototypes (on older versions of HP-UX select() had a sligthly different
prototype than other platforms, but I don't know if this applies to 11.x
too).

This looks more like an autoconf problem, than a curl problem.

> However, if I run CC=cc ./configure it runs successfully
[...]
> cc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I../src -I../include -g -c ftp.c +Z -DPIC

The HP-UX cc usually has to be invoked with the -Ae option to be useful.
Try adding this option before configure.

> Is it extremely needed that I have automake? I didn't modified any file!

This is probably only a timestamp problem. I believe that you can ignore
it.